Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Something goes here
8,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m sure that this has been asked before but here it goes. I’m about to place an order with tire rack to get some new tires and I’m going to get the road hazard protection plan with the tires. First question how does the road hazard work with them its not like there the tire shop around the corner I can go to, too get a patch or something how does this work? And second on average how much does every one pay to get the tires mounted and balanced?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
705 Posts
I paid $80 to have 205/50/16's put on at a local tire shop. Iv'e ordered tires from tirerack twice now and opted not to get the road hazard coverage, but I havent needed it either. BUt those 2 links should cover it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've purchased from them before with good results on wheels and tires. I have purchased the Road hazard as well for some 18's on my 240sx. I used the warranty once, it's a PIA. If you have a problem with a tire, you have to go to a shop and have them inspect the tire for damage. Then the shop has to call the tirerack road hazard comp. and explain the problem with the tire,and that it can't be repaired. You must have the warranty information with you to prove you have coverage on the tire. Then tirerack will ship you a new tire. You have to pay for shipping and if their prices have gone up since you purchased your tires. Guest what you have to pay the difference. Then when the tire arrives you have to take it to the shop and pay for mounting and balancing. And don't forget that new tire you just purchased isn't covered under road hazard you have to purchase Rd Haz on that tire as well.
They have you jumping through hoops. I wouldn't buy the Rd Haz again.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
actually, tirerack is awesome, but it may be cheaper just to order the tires through Costco or alike instead of paying to have em mounted and balanced. When I bought my tires, I looked on ITrerack and tires were 90 plus shipping plus installation. I went to Costco and bought my BFG G FOrce tires mounted and balanced for 96 dollars. I saved a bit of money that way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts