Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of lifespan are people getting out of the Cooper tires on their 2013's or 2014's equipped with them?

I was apparently lucky to get 45,000 miles out of the Continental ContiPros on my 2012 SE according to most people.

My only regret about trading in when I did is not convincing the dealer to let me keep the Firestone Affinity Touring tires off of my 2012. They had less than 10,000 miles on them and had a 70,000 mile tread wear warranty. They seemed to be a better riding/performing tire than the Continentals too.

I haven't really had much time on the Coopers yet to tell if they seem better, and am curious how long I can expect to have them...

·
Registered
59 Posts
A great question, something I've been wondering about as well. In October I bought a 2013 Titanium with Coopers. They're ok so far, but not sure how long they'll last. There are mixed reviews about them on the net.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My Focus came with the contiprocontacts, horrible tires, noisy and started literally loosing chunks of rubber from the edges within the first 500 miles. My dealer did me a customer satisfaction favor and set me up with Continental Pure Contacts DWS, still noisy as hell, but these are some seriously hard wearing tires, 10,000 miles and wear was down 1/10 even on all four tires. The purecontacts are great in the rain,and boss on asphalt blacktop, but just annoyingly noisy on concrete, specially tined/grooved kind that we have in Texas.

·
Registered
976 Posts
My OEM Cooper Zeon RS3A (17") lasted ~48K...great tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts