Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so its winter and theres snow on the ground. so i figure why not do a few ebrake slides meaning no more than 6 of them. so i take my car to work today and when i go above 50 miles per hour the car starts shaky pretty bad. im curious will this go away or just stay like that now??
thanks

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
get your tires balanced.

if you're sliding and the wheel wells are cold (non plyable) you risk the chance of throwing them out of balance.

try that first.

ALSO if you're running on stock rims you may have bent a rim! i've bent 5

·
Registered
921 Posts
First, make sure you dont have any snow packed in the wheel hitting any suspension parts. Last year I got snow packed inside the rear wheel from all of the oversteer and it was pressing against the lower control arm, making the rear hop like a ho. Just yesterday I cleaned all the snow from my fronts because it was packed between the coils of the front strut.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First, make sure you dont have any snow packed in the wheel hitting any suspension parts. Last year I got snow packed inside the rear wheel from all of the oversteer and it was pressing against the lower control arm, making the rear hop like a ho. Just yesterday I cleaned all the snow from my fronts because it was packed between the coils of the front strut.
thanks man i had a ton of ice near and in the springs so i cleaned that out and now no rough driving but still no more ebrakes for me lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
Aw man, what fun is that? This is the first winter w/ my Focus and I discovered that real fast. The first e-brake slide I did packed the rear wheels with snow. I did not know it till I hit about 50mph the next day and I knew I had a situation. Now I just carry a L-shaped piece of wood behind the drivers seat and scrape them out right after havin fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts