Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don't have the sticker on the inside the passenger door to tell me what my tire pressure should be for a 2001 zx3. can any one tell me? I just got new Fuzion tires put on and they put 34 pounds!

·
Capital Obvious
2,562 Posts
34-36 is about right a I recall. I run that on the street and I run 45 in front and 40 in rear for auto-x.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah the tire says 44 max

i remember that i used to but 32 before in my old tires but i want to make sure that is wa the sticker inside the door

·
Michael J. Caboose
6,512 Posts
32/29 I believe...

·
Registered
312 Posts
NEVER go by whats listed on the tire! That is a MAX pressure only. Always use whats listed by the manufacture on the door/pillar sticker. Tires will increase air pressure as they heat up, that is why there is a max COLD pressure on the tire, its not just the tire may explode by overinflation the rim flange could also fail causing a blow out. A tires 'footprint' also is affected by under/overinflation. The auto manufaturers work closely with tire manufacturers to determine the best inflation pressure for footprint/ride quality/safety compared to the weight of the vehicle. Set the inflation to the sticker no matter what tire/size you put on and adjust accordingly. 15" recomendation is 32psi cold, I run 35psi cold in my 215/45R17's. Changing inflations for autox is a different story, I am only refering to daily driving conditions.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
32/29 is for the continentals on the SVT.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
The pressure printed on the tire is used only for load rating purposes. Its the "maximum" pressure which is allowed to meet the maximum load rating of the tire.

·
FF Bouncer
3,178 Posts
Geezer said:
The pressure printed on the tire is used only for load rating purposes. Its the "maximum" pressure which is allowed to meet the maximum load rating of the tire.
I stand corrected. Thanks for the info [thumb]

Cheers!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts