Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
pwned
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I read through my manual but it wasn't really clear on how much PSI should be in the tires, what do you guys usually keeps yours at?
If it matters, my car came stock with 17" rims (in case this differs from other models with the 15" /hubcaps)

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Take a look at the sticker on the driver's side door jamb. It's probably 34 PSI with the 50 series tires. My 08 is 34 PSI. I had an SE loaner with the steel wheels and it was 32 PSI.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I always run 33f 30r in mine.

·
Registered
889 Posts
i keep around 35 up front, and around 33-34 at the back, but its harder to keep at exact pressure all the time in the winter, coz of the temperature difference, i park in the garage and its way warmer so pressure goes up, but when im at school or w.e. and car is sitting outside in the cold for like 10hrs or so the pressure goes down (for every 10*F up or down - pressure goes +-1psi relativly).. so as long as its in between 30-35, you should be ok.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I've heard something like 20% of your max pressure less than the max is a good reference, although I have been running more like 10%, so something like 36 to 38 psi, in that case....

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
I run 50 psi!! lol, its what the tires call for!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts