Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My new 2012 Focus tire pressure warning light is on. The car has only 2,500 some miles on it. I've taken the car back to the dealer service center few times already. It's not the flat tire issue. The dealer told me it might be the cold weather. So I took it for a spin last weekend after the service center switched it off. The weather was warm. Then it's on again after 15~20 miles of driving. Is there any 2012 Focus owner here has this issue? Any idea what would causes it?

TIA

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hi seth7,

Your tire pressure can drop one pound per square inch for every 10°F drop in the outdoor temperature, but if it is still lit on warm days, there may be another cause. Please PM me with your VIN, contact information, mileage, & servicing dealer name/state so I can help. Have a good afternoon!

~Natasha

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To Natasha,

I have scheduled another check-up with the dealer. I'm sure I'll need your assistance if the light would still go on. I don't think anyone likes to drive a car with that light on in winter time even it's just a false alarm. Thanks!

To iroc34,

Thanks a lot for the tips! I'll take a look at it. And I'll ask the Ford service lad about it as well later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts