Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a pretty basic (and probably dumb) question, but I can't get a straight answer from any of my "car guy" friends.

I just put 5-spoke SVT wheels and Yokohama Parada Spec 2 tires on my 2005 ZX3 and am wondering what the tires should be inflated to. Anyone know a rule of thumb or something? Or is it very specific to the tire?

I am assuming that the Ford spec is not correct anymore since the tires are a different size. The tires themselves don't say anything.

I'll probably give Yokohama a call if I don't get a definitive answer. Given the vehicle weight, they should be able to tell me.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
yeah, it's tire specific...
i guess you could give them a call.
just make sure that whatever pressure they tell you to put in... that's cold tire inflation pressure. as in "let them cool down over night and inflate first thing in the morning"

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Yeah, totally depends on the tire. They can vary quite a bit, and even different sizes of the same tire can differ.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback. I'll try what WD40 recommended.

I called Yokohama and because the load index of the tires does not match the OE spec (OE was 87, Yokohamas that I have are 84) they were not able to calculate the pressure for me. They also don't recommend using the tires on my vehicle. Is that really a problem? I've read about lots of other people using these tires on a Focus...

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
^^^Nope.
Sidewall only shows maximum allowed cold pressure.

(OE was 87, Yokohamas that I have are 84)
84 = 1102lbs
87 = 1201lbs
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=35

That's a 100 pounds difference, but still well within a rating that would fit the fOCUS at 2,600-2,750lbs.

Exactly what size tires did you get shooga?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info about the weight ratings. I noticed that TireRack even recommends these tires for the focus. Glad to hear that it's not a problem.

Mine are 205/45zr17 84w. I bought a set of used SVT 5-spokes and the Parada Spec 2's were on there. They are in good condition and are really sticky, so I like them so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts