Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody autoxing the 2012 with 16s? If so what PSIs are you running. Going out in a couple weeks for the first time in 6 years and want to be ready.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there won't be a right or wrong PSi
No right or wrong, but definitely a good and bad. I guess I'm just looking for a better place to start. I just want to be sure not to break a bead or blow a tire.

They are the stock Continental ContiProContact 215/55 16s. The last car I ran was a 94 or 95 Honda Civic. I don't recall as I had those cars consecutively, but only ran one of them. If I remember correctly with the stock 13s I had those around 52psi then I switched to 205/55 15s and and added Tokico Illuminas and ran those around 49. That car was about 400-600 pounds lighter.

·
slow
1,734 Posts
My thoughts: go for a few psi below the max listed on the sidewall and chalk the tires. Reduce from there based on how far you are rolling over the tires. Obviously the front tires will roll a lot more. So you'll probably end up in the upper 40's up front, and tune the rear to get the handling balance where you want it.

Good luck, you're the first person I've seen post up on autoxing the new focus, so let us know how you do [thumb]

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice wrc. I love the way this car handles and am excited to get it on a course.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts