Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bad wheel bearing or tires 17" Conti went to hell at 24,000 It started T 19000 AND sounds like a jet engine. Heard clicking too.

Anyhoo, they look good but thinking I would like a real quiet tire. I was thinking of Sumotumo ones? I have the LS on my Benz.

Any opinions on make/model?

·
Registered
627 Posts
I normally look at the top rated tires on tirerack, normally they are good tires.

That being said I would go with a set of Pirelli Cinturato P7 tires. The rating say they do it all and they rate better then the DWS that last I checked. These are very quiet tires and I have been happy with them on out 2012 Impreza so far. Have to see how they do in the winter.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I thought the same thing until I got a set of them. They tracked like crazy on the concrete sections of freeway and were twitchy steering wise. I returned them to America's Tire and got Continental ControlContacts. I absolutely love them. Much better tire on the MK3.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
I'll move this to the Wheels & Tires section, as there's more tire discussion there even for the MkIII.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't go wrong with michies. However, I want silence and good traction. Preferably a balance I guess.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would like a Wider/Taller tire. Anyone know what the max I can fit on the stock 17"

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts