Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never been a big fan of Shiney tires but do like my tires to look clean. My focus tires I noticed have turned brownish which is probably from the previous owner using a tire shine as that's the only time I have noticed tires doing this. I have read using back to black tire rejuvenation will fix this so I am going to give it a shot.

My question is what tire products do you guys use to protect the tires but not give it the "ghetto shine" just more of a natural look. I have used Zaino products for years and was going to pick up some of their tire product when I place my next order but that wont be for awhile so i was wondering if their are any products avaliable at local shops worth trying? I know most the junk is to make the tires look wet which I don't want.

·
Strichmädchen & Koks
3,112 Posts
Use 303 aerospace.

You may need to apply it liberally if they are brown, and maybe reapply a couple times to get them nice and black again. Gives it a nice, matte sheen to it.

It's also great for interior surfaces (and I use it to clean my engine bay as well)

·
BLÄKNBLÜƎ
7,146 Posts
I recommend using a wheel/tire cleaner to strip off all the old tire dressing to give yourself a fresh start

I use surf city garage beyond black tire pro

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Second nomination for the Surf City Beyond Black. I've also used this product to maintain the exterior, black vinyl trim.

Surf City also makes a dynamite product for dark interior surfaces--just cannot recall the name of the product at this moment.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Chemical Guys natural shine. Apply it while your tires are still wet and you get a nice satin look. Only needs to be applied every few washes.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Bleach White always worked for me.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,118 Posts
We use bleach white as well. Works great on the truck since it has white lettering on the tires.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
+1 on using 303. It leaves a clean look finish and not greasy. I also use it for other rubber/plastic pieces.
How is that in the rain? 303

·
So mote be it
8,959 Posts
+1 on using 303. It leaves a clean look finish and not greasy. I also use it for other rubber/plastic pieces.
I use this on just about everything, good product.

How is that in the rain? 303
Was initially designed for aerospace applications but is now widely used on boats and the like, so its not stranger for being used in harsh conditions. Does well against rain/water

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Where would I get that 303?

·
Strichmädchen & Koks
3,112 Posts
Internet, some auto parts stores carry it. No chains do around me but smaller shop does carry it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts