Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys, I'm new to the forum, and I have a 2012 Focus Hatch SE and I was wondering if anyone else has a problem with the plastic pieces in the cabin rattle and hit together? [???:)]

It's Kind of hard to explain the pieces that come down from the roof that hit with the front dashboard rattle, and something either in my seats make a noise (I think it is the head rests wobbling) make an irritating noise too. This all happens once I idle and I'm at low RPM's.

Not sure if this is the right section but any thoughts??

Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've had several rattles and squeaks with this car. I took apart my stereo dash and put some grease on all the clips and anything that rubbed. I've placed foam in the seat belt riser things to stop a rattle there. I've removed the door pillar plastic on all sides and applied grease there.

Essentially its as it comes. Find the rattle or squeak and find a solutions. Rattle usually means tightening something. Squeak means grease. My biggest issue is finding what is actually making the noise. If it goes to deep into my dash then bring it to ford.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
What's up guys, I'm new to the forum, and I have a 2012 Focus Hatch SE and I was wondering if anyone else has a problem with the plastic pieces in the cabin rattle and hit together? [???:)]

It's Kind of hard to explain the pieces that come down from the roof that hit with the front dashboard rattle, and something either in my seats make a noise (I think it is the head rests wobbling) make an irritating noise too. This all happens once I idle and I'm at low RPM's.

Not sure if this is the right section but any thoughts??

Thanks Guys!
Welcome, jymzz!

Have you had a chance to visit your dealer to get these rattles silenced? Please let me know, along with your mileage, and I'll check out some options.

Meagan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome, jymzz!

Have you had a chance to visit your dealer to get these rattles silenced? Please let me know, along with your mileage, and I'll check out some options.

Meagan
Yeah it has been in the shop a couple times (for other reasons) but they have not fixed it or even addressed it with me.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Sounds are so hard to pin down. It took me a few weeks to find out that a rattle I thought was coming from the passenger A or B pillar was actually coming from the corner of the moonroof...the glue wasn't holding properly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just curious to know if you ever had these interior rattles addressed or fixed and if so what was the route you went about this. My 2013 Titanium hatchback has developed all sorts of creaks on the interior and it is driving me mad.

·
Registered
16,453 Posts
A different route for each squeak and they can be anywhere. 9/10ths of the issue is finding exactly where they are. It's much worse with snap-on plastic parts and now how almost everything mounts.

There will be no book on it, you simply chase them down one by one and fix each on its' own.

If the noise at idle only and worse cold the pass side engine mounts commonly wear to make interior rattles. The worn mount then passes way more vibration into the cockpit to rattle anything there that can move to make noise.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had a lot of rattles in my 2012 too. So I have just stripped almost all of the interior (front dash was left) and soundproofed, greased, glued & put foam all over the car.

After that, car is quite squeak free and now quite silent too :) It was a full two days job (~12-14 hours a day) for me to do everything from A to Z

·
w/ my magic bag
29,456 Posts
Plus it helps to have someone drive the car, while you pinpoint where the rattles are coming from. You think its in one area & its in another area+ it also could be temperature sensitive too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wow Syrusas. That sounds pretty involved but well worth it I'm sure. I managed to trace down a rattle yesterday in the rear hatch thanks to another post. It was one of the rear spoiler bolts that had come loose. Put some blue Loctite on all three bolts as others suggested and snapped the trim back in place. So far so good...

Do you recall how you went about removing the trim on the A pillars where the seat belt adjustments are? Both of mine buzz like crazy and the one on the driver side is right next to my ear! Was hoping to put some felt in there if I can pin point exactly where it is coming from.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Its an easy job.
Remove the back door seal which is inside a car. Then from the back, between pillar and trim, with a long screw driver, push out bolt cover that has AirBag writen on it. Unbolt the trim and then just pull the trim. And that is it. Be carefull, because all of the trim in the our Focuses scraches quite easy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the same problem with the airbag B column and instrument cluster. I am thinking put some rubber between the plastics.

Enviado de meu FRD-L19 usando o Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts