Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now ive watched every video on youtube about tinting. It looks like a little bit of work witch i dont mind doin or should i just get it professionaly done? I knda just want some peoples opinions on the madder.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Sonic's MK3 Crew #14
2,026 Posts
If you have never done it, its tough and takes time but after you have done it and re-done it a few times you learn how to apply it and cut it and get it on the window. If you dont have the time, patience, or the extra $ to buy extra film i would suggest getting it professionally done.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I am going tomorrow to get the two windows on my Silverado done on a Groupon that cost me $39. I expect to pay probably $20 more for higher quality tint, that is what happened when I had the Focus done on a groupon. On the Focus I think I spent about $120 for all windows, darker on the back doors and hatch an AZ legal on the driver and passenger sides, with a high quality metalized tint. No way would I attempt that myself. I will just save a little longer and have professionals do it. Nothing sucks like an ok tint job.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ye ill probaly get proffesinaly done.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've done it before. It's a pain in the a$$. I'm dropping mine off tonight to a friend who is a professional. He's been doing it for over 10 years. Easiest $50 I've spent on this car.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
If you do try it yourself, make sure you're in an absolute wind and dust free enviroment. For the amount I threw away, I could have paid a pro. I did the back hatch in three pieces. That aggravation alone is worth paying a pro for. The groupon deal sounds like a good solution.

·
Jetsetter
6,648 Posts
as AZfocus said, keep an eye out for a groupon or livingsocial deal on window tinting, they pop up locally here every few months, your area should be about the same.

Most tint shops offer a lifetime warranty, which if done right wont have to be used but, if not then its good to have.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts