Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonnat tint all the way around. whats a good darkness so people cant reallly see in. how dark is too dark in the front and back??

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
try the limo tint in the back windows and a lighter tint in the front two windows. you have to have the cops be able to see you driving other wise they are going to pull you over.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Limo sucked on my car with zenon back up bulbs (pretty damn bright cause they were the same as most front turn signals) and a huge window i couldnt see back, with limo and our tv sized window, and crappy back up light, no vision at all.

On the focus i got 16% all around pretty nice at night, a little to light during direct sunlight you cant pick your nose while the sun is beating out, but the sun itself doesnt bother.

Really up to you sit in other peoples car with different grades, those little swatches dont say much, and rmember the body style affect it too, if you have a hatch the sun coming in from the winshield will affect the rear windows more.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Personally I wouldn't go any darker than 20 all around. From what I've been told, that is about the darkness of most factory privacy glass. I say I wouldn't go any darker but the truth is I went lighter and am happy with a 35% tint-but it you don't want folks to see in, you'll need at least 20%.. BTW, the guy who tinted my windows had a silver reflective tint. It was only 35% tint, but you could not see in the car. It is illigal in WA but he was willing to put it on if I wanted it. I did't like the look, but it was some high qualilty tint.

Jake

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 30% tint all the way around (except windshield), and it looks hot! You cannot see me unless you come right up to the window, and I can see out fine. I hate the way it looks with a darker tint on the back.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I'm interesting in blacking out my outside lights with window tint. Does anyone know of some brands that can stand up to the heat of the bulbs without discoloring or bubbling. Also, what's the darkest I could go and still be safe with ample light intensity. Is this legal? I heard "black-outs" are for competition cars only, but a lot of people have them and some companies sell "smoked" lenses.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Make sure you check to see what the laws are in your state. I have a friend that got really screwed becasue she used a tint that was way too dark. Sucks, but it happens. Better to be safe than sorry.
~Tiffany

·
Registered
705 Posts
Um i had limo tints never got hassled for it and i live in one of them stupid places where cops do roads blocks in cool areas to check for stupid stuff. Usually its something like 16 on rear windows 28 on the front and nothign passed teh AS1 line on the windshield as a general rule of thumb.

If you have a ZX3 they cant measure the back windows because they dont move and the meter goes over the edge of the window. Blackout covers for lights are illegal, but once again never seen anyone get a ticket for it. For a tint ticket say the shop didnt tell you anythign and take a tint scrap from the floor when you get your windows done and show up to court to show you "removed them" had people do it all the tiem when i worked a tint shop.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
well since i live in maryalnd they have more of a problem with the tint so i can only get 35% on my windows. i know i wouldnt have much of a problem in california cause some of my friends had them limo tint with no problems

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
go 35...I got it and I think the dark in back light in fron looks kinda corny...if you go any darker you might not be able to see that well at night, although I know ppl who have em and say their fine, Iguess its up to u'r eyes...anyways thats my 2 cents ;)
-Joe

·
Registered
705 Posts
Not really reconmended do it if you want. Chica no one said wasnt good you were warning just letting people know how easy it is to get out of the ticket, cause its a fix it ticket.

·
Registered
705 Posts
A front strip no tactually do the entire winshield maybe i just misunderstood you and that is what you meant

1 - 20 of 30 Posts