Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i got my windows down 20% all the way around. its been 3 days and there are still like little air bubbles in the film. the tint is llumar. i just want to knwo if they will go away or if i should take it back and theres little dust spec's under the film also. are all these normal? ive tried to push out the bubble but they just come back. what should i do?

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
take it back.... the only areas where minor bubbling happens is the dot-matrix around the windows.

It's normal for tint to not stick well to the defroster lines, unless they used a heat-gun to apply it.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Yep, take it back. I have the same thing right now. I had tint peeling off of a window, I took it back and they retinted it. Now its got mad ass dirt under it, so I gotta take it back again.

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
I don't remember how long it took my bubbles to go away, but I'm pretty sure they were gone by 3 days. Also there was no dirt under it either, that's worrisome.

Hope you went to a place that guarantees their work, cause it kinda sounds like they should do it again. Hard to say by just reading words, but ya know. Use your judgment.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
i have done tints on 5 cars. they all did not have problems. if you use the new luman you only need 1 day on a sunny day to dry and 2 days if it is not. bubbles only form if they did not clean and did not stretch the film cover well.... so most likely they did a crappy job. also, if all windows have that, is rather crapy...

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Most tint shops, if not all, have some sort of warranty on their tint.

I'd be taking it back and getting them to redo it.

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
I've never heard of waiting 4 weeks. All it takes is however long for the water/solution they use to apply the film, to dry. And there's no way it would take 4 weeks for that to happen. If they're still there, I'd give em a call and go back to have it redone.

The only problem with this theory is, if they did a sucky job once, will they do it again? But for free, worth a shot?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts