Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got bored today, so I decided to see what the car would look like with tinted headlights, mirror lights, and taillights.. I didnt want anything real dark, just something to tone down them down a bit.. We use Lamin-x at the shop..What do you think?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Cool Idea and Nice Work [thumb]

I would imagine this really makes the headlights 'pop' more in the sunlight with a piano black grill... But, how does it affect visibility when driving at night? Personally, I like it and think it makes your white sedan look 'just that much better.'

Oh and BTW - I also just noticed the custom 'Focus' logos in the pics as well -- again, nice work!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Looks great! I like the removed rear emblems too. Trying to convince the wife on that one!

·
Registered
422 Posts
I think it looks awesome. I want to do that to my rears, you went with a perfect shade. Where did you get the focus overlay?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks! This is the "tint" level from Lamin-x, it blocks 7% of the light transmission, I've done my previous cars with the same, and havent noticed it at all..

·
Registered
362 Posts
I know right, Firestoned!!!? Even with the emblem, we've been getting the, "that's a Focus?!"!

But I really like the shaved look back there. The white makes it that much cleaner too.

BTW, can you cut the tail tint out and sell as ready to install or is it you cut to size to install?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BTW, can you cut the tail tint out and sell as ready to install or is it you cut to size to install?
Lamin-x.com offers it for the headlights and fog lights, but because the rear taillights have that raised lip, it isnt even an option. We hand cut everything off of bulk rolls, because usually the pre-cut pieces are too short, and have to be stretched alot to make it fit right..

·
Registered
93 Posts
Lamin-x.com offers it for the headlights and fog lights, but because the rear taillights have that raised lip, it isnt even an option. We hand cut everything off of bulk rolls, because usually the pre-cut pieces are too short, and have to be stretched alot to make it fit right..
Would you be able to cut some out for tails and sell them? I'm definitely interested in buying a couple sets.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'm kinda on the fence about light tinting in general but your ride looks badass! Would you be interested in selling me pieces to tint the mirrors, rear reflectors, & the upper/middle brake light on the trunk?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I used night shade on my last car. It looked good at first but over time the finish got dull. I want a glossy look that the tint film would keep.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Would you be able to cut some out for tails and sell them? I'm definitely interested in buying a couple sets.
no, we cut a large square, install/stretch the film, then cut it. Lamin-x sells bulk rolls if you are interested in going that route

I'm kinda on the fence about light tinting in general but your ride looks badass! Would you be interested in selling me pieces to tint the mirrors, rear reflectors, & the upper/middle brake light on the trunk?
same thing, order a bulk roll, and cover whatever you want..

Couldn't you just use Nightshade for the rear tails?
Ive never seen Niteshades last..The effect is usually irreversible as well.

·
Registered
537 Posts
For Nightshade you can put a clear coat over it to make it shine and it protects it from getting dull due to UV light. You can also remove Nightsade with Goo Gone's graffiti remover and some elbow grease. I used Nightshade on my Blazer's tails back in the day and it works pretty well.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts