Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This took me a total of about an hour. The hardest part was taping it off..but it all turned out nice! Again taken with a camera phone and my bumper's dirt...

Attachments

·
Banned
503 Posts
what kinda paint did you use? list ur supplies you needed

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used VHT Niteshade from pitstopusa.com, some blue masking tape, a blowdryer and some Paso surface cleaner. First I removed the grill...which is held on by 4 screws and is quite easy to remove. I took a box and cut a slit in each side of it so that it would hold the grill upright. The taping is strenuous but if you have a good knife you can cut strips thin enough to put over all the plastic parts like shown above. After you tape it off, hold the can about 10 inches from and spray thoroughly enough to cover the whole surface. After each spray wait about a minute and then blow dry for another minute or so. Make sure you strife it back and forth cause you don't want to melt somethin...those suckers get real hot! SOOOO I put on about 4 coats..maybe a tad bit more. When all's said and done wait about half hour and then put it back on! It looks pretty cool and if you do the clear corners the same like I just finished doing, you get a cool almost hot red color at night.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts