Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what % should I get I think im gunna get 5% ..BUT IT MAY BE TOO DARK MABEY ILL JUST GO WITH 20%...

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
If you have problems with cops in your area catching people with tint, get the legal tint (35% I think). If not, go with the 20%. It might be a little hard to drive at night with a 5% on all your windows.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Then again you can get 20%-35% on your front windows, and 5% on the rest of them. That's legal.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
5% is hella dark. I have a rather hard time seeing out when it is really dark.

But no one can see you in the car at high noon.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
i have 20% all around and have never had any probs. usually i'll have the windows down a lil more on the drivers side just in case i drive by a cop but its been 3 years now and nothin so far (knock on wood). plus it looks real good too. you can't see in it at night, in the day its just a little darker which is good. it helps keep the inside a tad bit cooler lol

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i think im gunna go for 5%

·
Banned
1,924 Posts
archie said:
get 5%. it isnt that hard to see out of at night. too dark, IMO no tint can ever be too dark.
^^lol

It reduce your vision tremendously if you add 5% in front.At nigth,you could miss a car coming from either side.[:eek:]

See the thread sticky on tint at the top of the page.

I have to admit tho,5% all around is good looking.[:I]

·
Registered
174 Posts
Well, if you would like to be legal, the following link can be used as a guide:

Click Here

Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 6 inches.
Front Side Windows Must allow more than 32% of light in.
Back Side Windows Must allow more than 32% of light in.
Rear Window Must allow more than 32% of light in.

Reflectivity:

Front Side Windows Must not be more than 20% reflective.
Back Side Windows Must not be more than 20% reflective.

OTHER GEORGIA RULES AND REGULATIONS
Restricted Colors The tint color(s) of RED are not legal by state law.
Side Mirrors No restrictions.
Certificate Requirements Manufacturers of film need to certify the film they sell in the state. Ask your dealer if they are using ceritified film.
Sticker Requirements The sticker to identify legal tinting is required on the windshield.
Medical Exemption State allows medical exemptions for special tint. For more details about the specific terms of the exemption, consult your state law.

Legal Mumbo Jumbo from georgia.gov

So it looks like legally, the darkest that you can go is 35%.

Here in MO, 35% is the darkest on the front doors and the back ones can be whatever. I have 35% on the doors and 20% on the back three.

·
FocusFreak
2,438 Posts
I had double limo tint (i think it was 5%) on my back 3 windows on my mustang... looked really good. it was difficult at first seeing out the back at night, but you get used to it.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
i didnt get 5% because the wife has that and i cant see shit out tha back window at night unless the street is super super lit. i got 20% on my cars rear and back windows and i love it i can see and night keeps the car cool makes it look cool and looks sexy as hell

1 - 12 of 12 Posts