Votes: 5 14.3%
  • No just plain tint

Votes: 30 85.7%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Jetsetter
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tint Tomorrow!! Need Your Opinion! Just took PICS looks great!

tomorrow at 2 im getting my windows tinted at the tint shop in rochester, i have a silver SE im probley only gonna go 50% because of state laws but maybe 35% not sure yet, but i need your opinion, the tint shop does custom graphics in the tint and i was thinking of getting "focus" accross the back window its only like another $40 to do that and i thought it would look pretty cool and its not that bad of a price, so let me know what you would think

·
Registered
776 Posts
I'm personally not a big fan of graphics, but I've seen some that are ok and others that look like crap. It's car do what u think would be kewl.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
It's ok, but only if it's tasteful. Like, say, a banner on the top of the back glass. Or maybe a banner in the front would be better. Aslo, unless you have some sort of performance mod, a lot of people will call ricer on this one.

·
Capital Obvious
2,562 Posts
I'd say go for it. I got 50% and it's ok.. If I'd of known how light it was I would have gone 35%.

·
Registered
446 Posts
A banner in the tint? Not cool.... Go for straight tint, if you want to get a banner, just put one over it. Graphics belong on the body IMO

·
Registered
295 Posts
I voted just tint.

Personally I love the clean look without the graphics.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
take that 40 dollars and put it towards some tinted tails to match your tinted windows ;)

·
Registered
484 Posts
dont get the banner...there tacky. i really cant stand when people get what ever model car they have bannered arcross there front window. if you get anything get something like...steeda or somesort of brand like that that you might have in your car. and for 50%...eh that is really light...they only allow 35 here also but no one goes by it. ive never heard of someone getting pulled over for tint. my back windows are 4 percent my front ones are 20...no problems with the law

·
Registered
450 Posts
Go with a darker tint too. If it is already going to be illegal, then go big. The darker the better in my opinion. I love my 5% tint. I get compliments on it all the time.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I think just a tinit would be cool, put a banner decal over the tint, it'll be cheaper and if you dont like it you can take it off rather then having to get the whole thing redone

·
Jetsetter
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah in ny 70% is the limit and my dad got pulled over for it im still debating if i get the banner it will be in silver embeded in the tint i got till tomorrow to think about it but keep the opinions comming

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
not a big fan of graphics....but like they said if its already going to be illegal why not just go all out?

·
Registered
484 Posts
yeah, that is a good one. if its illegal go all out. but you know..i am in tucson,az where the summers do get over 110. the cops have illegal tint too...i think they might be ok with it cause its so damn hot and i am in a richie little town

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
I say go 35% all around. It is dark enough to look good , but not to dark to get pulled over.
But if you do decide to go 50% , you should go 50% on the sides and 35% on the back window...... because if you dont it will look like the back window has no tint when you look threw the back window to the front. If you look from side to side, you are looking threw two windows that have tint. I live in Ohio and we also have a 50% window tint law. And I have no problem with the 35% tint. I am planning on tinting my Focus real soon. My T-Bird has 35% tint if you want to check it out in my pictures.
Keep us posted with what you go with.

·
Jetsetter
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for the input it look like im just gonna go with stright tint, im leaning towards 35% now chances are that i wont get pulled over but then again my dad got pulled over for his which is total bs but whatever, so 35% ill probley go with and ill post some pics up here tomorrow after its done! thanks everybody

·
Jetsetter
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
alright i just got done taking pics i did 35% im glad i did not too dark but not too light too i think they did a great job and i love it thanks for everybodys input!

idk why photo bucket cut off the bottom but you get the idea

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Looks great. Hope ya dont get hassled for it, my brother got a $150 ticket for his.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts