Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i wanted to use the tint spray for my tail lights has anyone done it yet and how did it turn out..? pictures?

·
Registered
160 Posts
theres a how to on it done by snackmaster..id provide a link but im surfin frm my phone. go to the how-to section and i beleive its under exterior modifications. the thread is called *how-to:VHT nightshades* last time i checked it i beleive robbie had quite a few pics in it. ive done it myself following this guide and it turned out fine but i dont have any pics :(

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
I've done it (and its not that hard). Basically you need to clean your lights well, wet sand them with a fine-grit sandpaper, and then give them a single coat. Let 'em dry overnight and hose 'em down again. Repeat until they're as dark as you'd like.

·
Registered
889 Posts
lol i dunno why but i did spay alot of clear... maybe some wax but too lazy, actually lol ill put some tomorrow [:D]

·
Registered
131 Posts
If they're not shiny enough, try doing a more thorough job wetsanding. The smoother the surface, the more light reflection you'll get and the more uniform it'll be.

·
Registered
889 Posts
noo.. i dont like blacked out tails, im gonna buy a wax bar or something like that today and rub it very good, so hopefully will be better, but it didnt bother me at all before you guyz pointed out [:p]

·
Registered
889 Posts
just went to get some claybar (aperently it will help), and they want 29.99+tax for it, so i didnt buy it [:D] ill just some regular wax later on when ill be washing my car (so probably never), too much rain now

1 - 15 of 15 Posts