Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and read the how-to's, but don't see anyone discussing this. And when I google for tint repair - I get a million hits, literally, but don't see anything close to what I'm looking for.

My new car came tinted all around. I carried something the other day in the hatch area which scratched the tint on my back glass. (Yous shoulda heard my reaction when I saw that!) Does anyone know if there's a product out there that will make the scratched off tint line less noticable? I've read about a liquid that people dip their taillights into - but I only need like a thimble full of some such stuff to repair the scratch I have. I'll bet the stuff people dip the tails into is expensive?

·
Registered
297 Posts
if its just a scratch on the tint and did not rip the film off, McGuires has a plastic polish and scratch remover that may work. i've used it on my tint before and it worked fine. of course the scratches weren't that bad. you could also look for spray tint, not nightshades, but the spray crap they sell at auto parts stores. spray it into a plastic cup and use it like touch up paint. just some ideas.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, midknightcr! I will look for the spray tint - that sounds like just what I need. My scratch goes all the way to the glass - it made a U-shaped scratch about 3" high, maybe, so the McGuires stuff probably wouldn't work, but the spray stuff, painted on, will probably be as good as I can hope for. I just don't want it to stand out for ME, the way it does right now, every single time I look in the rearview mirror.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Professional tinters use a 'tint marker' or at least I've seen them use this. They use it to hide joints where once piece of tint meets up with another piece. Check into this.....

It may have just been some black marker (typical one) but it seriously hides any scratches and marks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts