Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey norcal people, does anyone know where i can get my car tinted for pretty cheap/good quality? I also want to buy some paint so i can paint my trim pieces (body color). Just wondering if you guys know local places around here that might be more "budget friendly". I live in santa cruz county. [thumb] Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
400 Posts
I don't know of anyone around there off the top of my head. Most of us are a little more north than that but there are a few near there, if i know anywhere there i'd help ya out.

Andrew

·
Registered
16 Posts
i dont know of anyone down there for tint or paint. but there is a paint shop in stockton that i use and there the best. Downings Paint, it may be worht your while to look them up and at least give them a call.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
so what year was your Z28? And sorry I dont know any tint places down near you.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
norcalfocus01, thanks for the link, i'll call em later. Does anyone know how much tint usually runs (for the 3 rear windows)?

so what year was your Z28? And sorry I dont know any tint places down near you.
It was a 1993. Here's some pics.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha! I saw that too. Called a guy, said he'd get me a pint of matched paint and then put in cans for about 50 bucks (equivalent of 4 spray cans of paint). [thumb] I'll probably be getting it tomorrow.

·
Registered
16 Posts
thats about right for the price of four cans. and the match will be so much better than any can out of a store. you will have enough paint to do the interior pannels as well.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats about right for the price of four cans. and the match will be so much better than any can out of a store. you will have enough paint to do the interior pannels as well.
Cool! Can't wait to start painting everything. Gotta pick up some more primer/clear coat too. [gunfire]

I'm leaving the interior panels alone. I saw someone's blue interior "accents" with my color blue, looked pretty ricey. And I like the interior how it is stock for the most part; the only the i would change is that it would be a uniform dark grey or black. So that may be a later project. [thumb]

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There is a very good shop near me. They have all major brands 3M, SunTec. I think I've done 3 windows on mine for $170

here is their web-site:
http://www.autoimagetint.com/
http://www.yelp.com/biz/auto-image-window-tinting-belmont
Thanks man! If that ends up being 20-30 dollars cheaper than around here, then i will make a little trip. It'd be worth it to make a little day trip to SF with the money i save on tint. [thumb]

Another update. I found a shop called "Automotive Color" and it turns out the paint was 40 for a pint and then i got 2 cans (10 bucks each) so i don't have to go back right away for them to fill the cans again. The paint will be coming on Monday and then next weekend i will be painting my trim/ground effects/mirror caps body color. And i will also be painting my door handles gloss black like my mirror housing/c-pillar is [:D]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts