Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting my windows tinted, on my zx4, at a local shop that does good work (also just $140). Info I can find online states the limit in Texas on front/back sides is 25%.

So, I was thinking 35% front sides, 25% rear sides. Should I tint the back 25% or would that be too dark to see out at night? Also, should I get a strip on upper front windshield, and at what %?

Anyway, let me know what you have and if you like it, might help others in same predicament I'm in. Thx.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
I have 20% all around never had one issue with cops and it looks great.

Dont get 35% its hardly there at all.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
i got 5% all around... its awesome in the damn hot cali... at 121 degress i do not care about the cops, really...

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
me have 5 percent on back 3/5lil windows on sedan and going with 20 percent on front 20, back aint to bad to see out of, if your worried just do 20 percent

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
mines 50 up front 20 in back... looks good to me, fronts legal limit backs not... its just kinda your call tint at all will make the car look hot

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Old pic but you get the idea. 35% all around.

·
Registered
484 Posts
i got 5 in the back and 20 in the front..legal in front here is 35..cops never say anything cause its so hot in tucson.

·
Registered
26 Posts
On my cavy and soon my focus.. I have 35% on the front and 15% in the back. I highly recommend 15% for the back and it is not dark at all. It helps at night when people keep their freakin' brights on..grr!

·
Something goes here
8,292 Posts
5% all around I have never had a problem with the law about this tint

·
Jetsetter
6,659 Posts
35% front back and rear no problems here in NY yet and the legal limit in NYS is 70%

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have 35% on mine... just look in my photo gallery... I'm not very happy with it myself... I'd prefer 20% or maybe 5%. I may have it redone next year.

·
Banned
1,924 Posts
bostonshawn77 said:
I have 35% on mine... just look in my photo gallery... I'm not very happy with it myself... I'd prefer 20% or maybe 5%. I may have it redone next year.
I was thinking of 18% platinum tint all around.I'm still wondering what it would look on a sonic blue tho.Platimun tint has a lil bit of mettallic on it.It looks hot with a silver car.BMW owner live to talk about.[:p]

This pic wasn't tinted yet...........rigth?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts