Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can you tint the front windshield on an 08 focus? i was thinking about going either 35% or 50%. leaning strongly towards 50%, what do you guys think? any suggestions?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Are you wanting the whole windshield or just the upper brow. I believe getting the whole windshield is illegal. But rules are made to be broken right

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
50% is about as dark as you are going to want to do...my buddy has 50 on his windshield and 35 on the rest and it looks bad ass on his TL

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
50% is about as dark as you are going to want to do...my buddy has 50 on his windshield and 35 on the rest and it looks bad ass on his TL
cool, is the 50% noticeable as far as cops ?, i have 20 all the way round now and want it just a lil bit darker, and was told tinting the windshield would help

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
well my buddy has yet to get a ticket for it...another thing he said to that made sense was what direction does the cop come from when approaching the car....the back so they really do not notice the windshield being tinted it just makes the other windows look a lil darker than they really are

·
Registered
759 Posts
i wouldn't get away with tinting my windsheild.. i go thru a checkpoint everytime i come back on base.. my car would never make it thru lol. but yes it is illegal. doesn't mean it wouldn't look nice

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
had my windshield tinted 20% with 5% on all the other windows. also had a 5% strip at the top of the windshield. you couldnt see inside the car from any window! i loved it!! it also makes sunglasses completely unnecessary. if you do alot of night driving though, you best get some brighter headlights. i have HIDs, so im good to go.
im getting it done again in the spring. cops didnt like it and made me remove it. i loved it and it looks great! i have a pic of it in my gallery all blacked out. take a peek[thumb]

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
i believe you are allowed to have the windshield tinted. My grandma has had every one of her cars tinted all the way around. I believe with different eye problems you are permited with proper documentation.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Here in CA, tinting on the windshield is an automatic ticket and on the driver/passenger side it's also illegal to add tint, but depending on the cops, as long as they can see you inside, most are pretty cool about letting you slide. I've had 35% all the way around (cept the windshield) on my last 4 cars and have never been given a second look by PD.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
well that's CA... lol... you can't pick your nose in your car without getting arrested haa

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
i got busted for my driver and pass window being 50% if i did my front i wouldnt make it a mile...

good luck

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
let us know how long you go till a cop sees it and gets you with a ticket....

i think it looks sick but no shop here would do it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts