Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have this problem??

When i start to race I go into 2nd Gear I feel a delay then all of a sudden I take off as if i hit NOS and i dont have NOS

·
Registered
409 Posts
Since your sig has no mods listed, I have to assume it's stock...

That is built in to the PCM as a warranty item. It retards the timing (severly) during a shift to reduce stress on the driveline. An SCT XCal2 deletes that...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My car isnt competly stock.. but thanks.. I bought a Turbo so it comes with Xcal 2 so hopefuly that will take care of the trick then

I have Cosworth Headers, Cosworth CAI, and a muffler

·
Registered
409 Posts
Yeah, that's not stock. [:)]

But you will be all set....

·
Registered
108 Posts
all of these threads about things such as this and limiters, and getting away from hard starts and the pause after three thousand make me want and xcal2 so much more each time one of these posts come up

·
Registered
409 Posts
SCT gets the latest PCM flashes before your local dealer even knows they are out [:E]

That's another good thing about the XCal2. Besides the user adjustable controls, data-logging, code reading and DTC clearing....

·
Registered
506 Posts
dont for get about the tumble flaps in the intake mani they kick out at about 4k rpm if your racing some one an want decent start in 2nd stay above 4k rpm or drop a gear to get it there other wise you get the bog an then the sudden increase in power

·
Registered
383 Posts
I was told of an even cheaper option to get rid of this timing retardation.

There is a thread on FJ describing how to unplug one of the clutch switches that will trick the computer into thinking the clutch is engaged all the time, so it won't retard the timing.

It all depends on whether or not you want the free mod and small inconveniences (such as pushing in the clutch will not cancel cruise control), or you want to buy the Xcal2 (which will get rid of that, and probably get you a little more power with a tuning program as well).

·
Registered
409 Posts
...or the engine not starting because the clutch isn't depressed?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Focusracer0422 said:
My car isnt competly stock.. but thanks.. I bought a Turbo so it comes with Xcal 2 so hopefuly that will take care of the trick then

I have Cosworth Headers, Cosworth CAI, and a muffler

if you have a turbo and are looking to sell the cosworth headers i would be more than interested.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts