Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My focus is a 2014 has 8300 miles on it and the front cover is leaking oil. I work at a Ford dealer but I've never done one and the guy who is doing mine "ford won't let me do it" he's a master technician and he's never done it either. The service manual calls for several special tools and what not. So I was curious has anyone else done this and has any guidance to offer? Thank you all.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
well usually we'd be asking the ford tech's what to do lol. Try calling another ford dealer? i doubt very many people have had this issue since they are such new cars.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
danm, makes me want to go check mine!

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
you know what though when i was adding my RMM insert a few weeks back i noticed some oil drippage on that passenger side of the engine near the belt which is the area of the timing cover correct? but there was some on my oil filter so i just assumed it seeped a little from the filter and got on the engine. i wiped everything down and made sure the filter was tight but now i'm wondering if it wasnt the timing cover. i'll have to jack it back up and check it out agian.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you know what though when i was adding my RMM insert a few weeks back i noticed some oil drippage on that passenger side of the engine near the belt which is the area of the timing cover correct? but there was some on my oil filter so i just assumed it seeped a little from the filter and got on the engine. i wiped everything down and made sure the filter was tight but now i'm wondering if it wasnt the timing cover. i'll have to jack it back up and check it out agian.

Yea timing cover is on the passenger side it's a common thing. There's not even a real gasket just rtv

·
Registered
952 Posts
Yes keep an eye on that and log it. That's how I ended up spotting the need for the clutch pack work. Oil at the bell-housing/oil pan, on the filter area as well. With that said some of the grime I saw on the filter I attribute to grungy water splashing up under the hood and onto the engine. The evidence of a big splash hitting my engine cover tipped me off to that possibility. Still keeping an eye on it though as I too have seepage but at the valve cover.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts