Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,
I recently installed new HALO lights on my focus and when I had the bonnet up, I noticed on the timing belt, there is a little slit in the center of the belt. Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? should I get the car serviced? and get the timing beslt changed?

Cheers for the help

·
Registered
159 Posts
dont worry about it yet, if u dont have a lot of miles on your car then u should be fine. zetec's are non interference motors so even if the belt breaks u wont hurt anything. plus timing belt jobs are very expensive unless u do it yourself!

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
saagz87 said:
plus timing belt jobs are very expensive unless u do it yourself!

Yeah, and unless you have the engine out, have fun trying to do that yourself.

·
Registered
714 Posts
timing belts are that bad to do people.....you just need to make sure you have everything in the correct place. and if you have a slit down the middleof the belt you need to have it changed.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Yellow-ZX3 said:
timing belts are that bad to do people.....you just need to make sure you have everything in the correct place. and if you have a slit down the middleof the belt you need to have it changed.

I was referring to the average joe who has never ventured further than to change his/her oil.

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
i did mine meself...changed the belt, and tensioner.just takes time, blood, sweat, patience, and a nice socket set...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts