Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.k guys, my new dilema....My timing belt is trying to walk off my cams. Thank God for that bracket that is holding it somewhat in place but it is starting to get eaten up...whatcha guys think? anyway that I can get that bastard back on w/o removing everything?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
^^^ if the belt is to tight it will walk fwd. To loose and it walks towards the head. Like above , make sure the tensioner is set correctly. If all else fails , Gold coast has an aluminum idler with sides that guides the belt.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys you were 100% spot on... the lil lever wasnt on that window... all good now. Thank you much!

Dirtbrown, mine has been there ever since I can remember...now it is skating a smidgen over but still not touching anything and not moving any so im good with it...dont worry about it.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
^^db mine before and after is on the edge too

·
Registered
520 Posts
F the little pointer window. That thing sucks.
Just adjust the tension till the belt rides in the center.
If your belt is on the edge loosen the tensioner a hair till it rides in the center.
I have the gold coast pully also but it's just for backup.

Adjust the tension adjust the tension forget that the pointer exists.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
^I think it's really tensioner specific. Most will be on the money with it in the window, though like your saying I have seen some that lined upped differently. You can see the tensioner moving in it's little arc when adjusting it. You want it around the top of the arc. Almost all of the time it's when the pointer is in the window.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Tom helped me with the Gold Coast part, that stopped my belt from moving. You will have to do a couple of mods to the lower belt cover but it works great. I now have them on both cars

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
What did you have to do to the cover? Grind a little extra clearence ?. Mine fit right in with no mods. It's tight but has been on for a few thousand miles. No problems. A quality part.

[/B]
Tom helped me with the Gold Coast part, that stopped my belt from moving. You will have to do a couple of mods to the lower belt cover but it works great. I now have them on both cars

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
Same here, installed on a fellow members car and we didn't mod any cover for it to fit. Unless your talking about the cam cover but we didn't reuse it, and I'm pretty sure it would fit no problem?
Yep, it's on my car and didn't need any modding to fit. Even if I put the timing cover back on it would still clear no problem. Didn't reuse timing cover as there really is no need.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I have gold coast pully no problem with cover reuse.
I was #2 defective pully ever from him.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts