·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've studied the pictures in this thread

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198223

and this one.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264595&highlight=timing+pin

I'm seriously thinking that this doesn't exist on my car.

Answer me this... when the pin is in... it will face the cabin on the car? or the driver side wheel?

I can see a bolt that is more like a threaded rod with a nut on it... and there's the high up little bolts that hold the manifold on.... and I can feel the screw (Torx?) that holds the little black connector to the side of the transmission. I've even inspected with a mirror... I'm ready to lose my mind.

This is supposed to be on the front of the motor... under the cat... toward the passenger side of where the PCV is...

Someone tell me now... please.

[gunfire] MY CAR

Yeah, I see I spelled the topic wrong... Can't fix it now.

·
low n slow
2,163 Posts
oops geuss ya cant. thats BS. my bad

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never mind... Found it... Hell, I was looking right at the dang thing. Problem was, It doesn't LOOK like any of the pics posted here... I saw a few elsewhere that clued me in.

Mine looks like a Nut, on a piece of threaded rod... and takes a 13MM deep socket. Someone else's thread mentioned the 13MM deep, so I tried it.

So may threads said you can't see it, you have to feel for it... I was staring at it not knowing what it was since I was looking for a 10mm bolt head. I feel dumb and smart at the same time.

Also, It is to note, the kit I had mentioned a SLOT in the flywheel... Ok... so the whole put the pin in and roll the motor til you strike DOESN'T work on my car... I did that, and low and behold, I was on BOTTOM with Cyl 1.

According to my kit, I rolled the engine around so I could see 1 coming up, and then screwed it in.. rocking it back and forth allowed the pin to go a little deeper until it totally LOCKED THE ROTATION. I couldn't turn the crank with the pin in... and Cyl 1 was up at the top.

That said, We'll see if it runs now.

My flat bar kit is SOOOO tight in there I had to tap it in gently... talk about your tolerances.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Front of engine, just under the PCV. Just like Cayse's pictures shows (which BC used).
So it will point (skinny end) towards the firewall.

Couple more pictures via Google,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts