Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally all my hard work payed off. i am so happy dont have to deal with the p1381 or p1383 codes anymore. drove it 200 miles with no issues stopping every so often to make sure it was still in time.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Hell yeah man im glad to hear that. So im guessing u don't need me to time it lol.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Glad it finally worked out, + rep for doing it yourself. Did you do anything different the last time or did it just work somehow? I have to change the belt on my car within about a year, I'm glad I know now how picky the VCT is.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i actually emptied the intake cam and gear of all the oil. Unbolted both gears put the tdc pin in an lined up the cams tighened the cams and she fired right up pulled the valve cover and bar slide right in. thats how i knew it was fixed everythings running great.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
343 miles still no problems took the car all the way to 7000 rpm on many occasions it makes me smile again. hahahahahaha

·
FF Affiliate
31,092 Posts
Taking the gear off and dumping the oil out wasent what got the codes to go away , you just got it properly positioned and in place this time

Glad you got it running and no codes and I am sure you are to

Tom

·
Registered
28 Posts
What did you torque the cam gears to ?? And what did you use to hold the cams in place when you tightened the gears ?? Thanks !!!

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Dude, glad this thing is running for you. It was giving you a hell of a time.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A pair of vice grips and the torque was unknown used an air wrench to put the cam gears back on.

·
Registered
209 Posts
A pair of vice grips and the torque was unknown used an air wrench to put the cam gears back on.
Hmmmmm...... wonder why it didn't work the first 20 times.....[joke]

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
i had to re allign my cams twice...sometimes its just picky iono...something with that intake gear and vct iononononononnoonnooo

·
Registered
497 Posts
Taking the gear off and dumping the oil out wasent what got the codes to go away , you just got it properly positioned and in place this time

Glad you got it running and no codes and I am sure you are to

Tom
What???? Didn't you just admit in another thread that the phaser's inability to fully return to the base timing position because of trapped oil pressure was the reason why most people mistime this thing and also why you "wiggle" the gear back and forth?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I used the air wrench cause it was pissing me off. I was torq the gear to 50ft lbs before it pissed me off.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I used the air wrench cause it was pissing me off. I was torq the gear to 50ft lbs before it pissed me off.
well next time you time it then you know the don't give a [8D][8D][8D][8D] method works best, lol

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Just wanted to say Congrats!!!

-Ray-

·
FF Affiliate
31,092 Posts
What???? Didn't you just admit in another thread that the phaser's inability to fully return to the base timing position because of trapped oil pressure was the reason why most people mistime this thing and also why you "wiggle" the gear back and forth?
Yes I did but that has nothing to do with the free standing oil in the reservior part of the VCT gear , If you want to go back and search you will find many that have dumped the oil and still had the code

In the end all that matters is he is running code free , he gets an ata-boy for that

Tom

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
main thing to remember is to bleed off the cam and gear to its positive dead stop.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts