Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm getting the button stack designed this week and testing. I'm also getting eyelids and other templates created for 08-11 models. I will do other models but need testing vehicles in FL area. I will try and make these as affordable as possible for everyone. Any ideas for custom mods using vinyl let me know! I'll work em up in a new thread soon :)

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Honestly, find a local vinyl maker / decal printer. Have him take measurements of the buttons, he SHOULD know how to make the vinyls exact fit.

On second thought, because I am an experienced designer, I'll just make them myself and you can send a guide to a company of your choice, and have them printed.

I used to make vinyl graphics for my own car club. Could do it for FF :) Let me see what I can come up with so everyone can get customized buttons for their focus :p

I'll make them same as these are made, but a bit different. Since the base is white on the buttons, the text or icons will always be white once applied because it will be cut out.
Interested, as well.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I'd be down for both the steering wheel controls an eyelids

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm going to make an area for people to submit their pre-orders and get exclusive discounts for this decal company I've worked with for the past couple years. I run his website and hosting, graphics, marketing, etc.

Let me get all the information for you guys together in a new thread. Those who are interested in these please PM me from now on so I don't hijack the thread.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Reviving this old thread to see if there is any new info or tips.
Here is what I have found:

New buttons, left and right: Rock Auto: MOTORCRAFT SW6567 {#8S4Z9C888CA} $69.70, for cars with leather steering wheels.

Vinyl overlay: Superior Restoration Products, SWLAM7, $24 but very $$$ shipping ($18.54). They have a cart so I'm assuming they sell retail. I should call to see if they can come down on the shipping.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Reviving this old thread to see if there is any new info or tips.
Here is what I have found:

New buttons, left and right: Rock Auto: MOTORCRAFT SW6567 {#8S4Z9C888CA} $69.70, for cars with leather steering wheels.

Vinyl overlay: Superior Restoration Products, SWLAM7, $24 but very $$$ shipping ($18.54). They have a cart so I'm assuming they sell retail. I should call to see if they can come down on the shipping.
Any updates? This might be a good solution if someone is willing to try it....hmmmm...I might be interested.
But:
Subtotal $24.00
Shipping & Handling (United Parcel Service (Includes $6 Handling Fee) - Ground) $18.54
Total = 42.54 (Pricey)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Have had this part forever, and finally got around to installing. I replaced the worn button assemblies with new (see post #45 above). I used the tutorial from this thread for how to remove the airbag/horn pad.
Installing Cruise Control on 08-11

I did not fully remove it. I was able to unclip it, and move it to the side of the wheel without unplugging the wiring harness. It was fairly easy, though it took some force to get the old button assemblies out.
Naturally, a lot of people would not feel comfortable doing this, so how you prepare for it and your level of risk is up to you. (undo the battery, residual discharge, etc. etc.). Most of the time, I did the work standing outside the car, and looking down but reaching inside, with the windshield between my face and hands.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts