Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I own the JRSC, and nobody has to say I told you so about going turbo[hihi] My goals for my car have changed drastically this past year. I enjoyed the hell out of the supercharger. I believe I got my money's worth out of it. I'll most likely be selling it dirt cheap once I start the build (that's not an advertisement so nobody ask for it yet).

I bought an Altima as my DD and decided to keep my Focus and rebuild it for more horsepower. It'll be my weekend car.

Here's the state my Focus is in unfortunately:
97,000 miles
slight oil leaks
low compression in one cylinder
crappy brakes
a clutch that makes normal noise, but needs to be replaced for my goals
A highly smelly interior due to many factors: burnt heater core, smoke, rain ec
broken headlight
broken front bumper (not too noticeable)
a few dings on the passenger side
drivers side door handle doesn't work

First on the list to fix by Spring:
all cosmetics including headlight
Interior gutted and freshened up
New seats (no stupid 25 point belt harnesses or racing seats - I'm not racing)

What I've got already:
Short shifter
Rear engine mount
TB
Header back 2.5 inch exhaust
SC obviously

My goals:
Between 250-300hp (possibly wider range to open more options)
Fully rebuilt engine w/new head?, stronger internals
I want a rock solid engine/tranny to last.

Since I'm no engine guru, don't know much about turbos and absolutely nothing about tuning, I'll have the professionals rebuild my engine, tranny, put the turbo on and tune it. I should - God willing - have this car done by winter this next year.

Anybody with a quote out there for the engine part of it, I'd be interested. Suggestions welcomed. And yes the search button will be used extensively over the next 6 months. I just decided to do this rebuild and thought I'd share. [headbang]

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
I for one will be glad to see you loose the SC and go Turbo , you will see a day and night Diff. in over all performance

I can help you with the engine (3550.00) and the turbo DIY kit is (1495.00) turbo is (675.00) you can save your self some money by shopping and getting theother parts or if you bring it here I can get them for you

With everything needed your looking at about 10,000 + for a turn key job depending on parts you want

Your goal of 300 will be easy to reach

Tom

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had planned on about that much for a turn key job. It's going to take some time to gut my interior and get everything back together. There's some interior pieces I need to replace. I'm going to fix the cosmetic stuff first. I'm hoping to have that done by April time frame.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
GO with Tom, you won't be sorry, he will get you where you want to be

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
i have every thing you need to make that kind of power for sale right now.. engine and turbo kit.. but if you want to spend the money on brand new i would go with tom.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^I won't need it until the summer time. I've got enough to fix on it for now. I'll keep that in mind though. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts