Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, the time is almost here and I think I've gotten it figured out, but thought I'd look for some comments or suggestions.

I've had the car for 5200 miles now, so with the mods listed in my sig, I've begun to realize what I want this car to do and what it needs (or where it lacks)....so I'm pretty sure its time for the rear H&R sway bar. Anyone running this on their car? Impressions? I've known people to really like their H&R parts, but I've never had any on my cars. So, quality isn't so much an issue...mainly how the rear bar will make the svt setup behave. It def has some body roll and more understeer than I care for, so the bar seems natural.

As complex a thing as a sway bar is to guess about, my last VW was 'about' the same weight as my SVT, with 'about' the same F/R distribution, similar front suspension geometry, and a completely different rear suspension, with the focus being much better. That said, I ran a 22 mm front bar with an adjustable 25 mm rear bar, set to medium for the street, stiff for the track. So, my focus' front is 21 mm with the H&R being 24 mm. Although being 1 mm less in diameter, the focus' better suspension (geometry, not components) and tires, should work pretty nice (I'm thinking)...an improvement over stock, yet not too tail-happy to kill myself. Can anyone verify or disclaim any of my 'guesses' with EXPERIENCE? No more guesses please, that won't get me anywhere. For what it's worth, I'll be doing coilovers after my car leaves its warranty period.

Thanks for your input,
Nick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.