Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, im sick of my k and filter and am ready for another part. i want to buy an intake but i have never actually felt much of a gain from an intake after i put it on a car. the only car i could feel a real difference on was my crv-vtec civic that i put an intake on while i was doing the motor swap so i guess i'll never know what the intake really did for power! i am putting the finances together right now to do a custom turbo kit or a procharger setup. but while im waiting i want to put an intake on to complement my other parts so my question is what do u guys think of the volant and could u even feel a gain for the $250???

thanks

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
sound is great....don't think you are gonna "FEEL" anything......I'd just get a SRI for the time being.....

·
Registered
743 Posts
You wouldnt feel that much more but it would sound really good...either way you would have to get rid of it when you go FI

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
If you have a header and full exhaust you'll notice it, it really woke my engine up when I installed my Volant. It also gave me better gas mileage...I've been averaging about 29 MPG in mixed driving since it went on.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
My Injen CAI really seemed to wake up mine.
From 3000 rpm on it sounds great and seems to make more power in combination with my exhaust.
I had ordered a Volant and after 3 months on backorder I cancelled the order and got my Injen off eBay for 120.00 shipped to my door.
I like it alot.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Stock SVT intake with K&N filter replacement. Dyno proven to be the best bolt on intake for a mild ztech.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
i have the svt box and snorkle with a steeda tube, the car is throaty as hell and picks up a lot quicker.

·
Registered
384 Posts
saagz87 said:
hey allanzx3, where did u get your svt intake from???
I got it off here in the forsale section.

My next mod is to replace the stock tb to maf tube with something smother.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
i have volant.....it sounds great....also a lil bit of hp...need to have the whole exhaust done

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
I've always wondered about the SVT airbox vs. Volant dyno...the big issue for me between the two is the Volant using the stock Zetec snorkle and the SVT box using the SVT snorkle. Common sense dictates that a cone filter can draw more air than a panel filter, and I suspect the SVT's slight advantage at the bottom of the powerband is a result of the Volant being air-starved by the smaller snorkle.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Acutally you got it wrong there, The air restriction on the bottom end would increase veloicty and in which would increase bottom end not reduce it.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Uh...care explaining how that works? There's a big difference between air velocity as it enters the cylinder and lack of air as the filter draws it in. Under your theory, the stock Zetec setup should give the most gains at the bottom because its so restrictive.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hey build your own sri like I did. You fine a minimal gain and you get a good sound, but you'll save money on your way to that SC. that's what I'm doing. I'll keep my sri till I get my SC.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I've actually seen someone that was running FI, and the Volant air box, I believe they had the Powerworks kit, looked like it fit fairly well... Oh and I love my Volant, it sounds so mean...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well, my bike sold yesterday so i think im gonna just skip this and buy the powerworks kit while its still on sale 4 $3,100. or maybe i'll go roush turbo kit??? man i wish i could still get toms kit

1 - 18 of 18 Posts