Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's finally time to replace the clutch, around 21k on the TSB replacement, but I've been pushing it pretty hard these last few months on the spray.

It was slipping pretty bad tonight at the track, probably just glazed, but I'm tired of the stock flywheel, and I'm glazing the clutch more and more often.

A while back I remember someone had a fitment issue with a fidenza flywheel, but I can't remember what clutch they were having the problem with.

I have already bought a fidenza, and plan on using the CM stage 4 (6-puck) clutch, but wanted to ask if any one has had problems with that combo as far as fitment goes.

·
Registered
169 Posts
i have fidanza withe cm stg 3 no problems except the noises at idle and during take off but i was told its normal. but as far as fitment no problems here.

·
Registered
215 Posts
The replacement clutch/pressure plate from the tsb is slightly larger than pre 04 svt...when i did my tsb clutch i was told by ford that i had to do the new revised flywheel as well. hole dont line up with tsb clutch to old flywheel...which will cause alot of issues in the future if you had the tsb done on a 02 or 03 becuz the aftermarket clutch companies designed thier clutches off the old style flywheel. pm me if u need anything else... i was a ford tech for 3 years... good luck

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hehe this tranny is a heck of a lot smaller than some i've done. I'll check with you if I have any issues, though.

Glad to hear the CM4/fidenza combo is apparantly not the one I was thinking of

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.