Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first major concern about going FI is this: How much time was your car out of commision while you installed it. I am looking at either super or turboing my focus and would like to know the approx. down time to expect.

My other major concern is reliability after its done. Have you guys had any real issues after all the bugs had been worked out.

If you could answer those questions plus an approx. estimate of the cost of your setup including some numbers for me it'd be greatly appreciated. I expect to be doing a lot of research in the next few weeks to come, but thought this would be a pretty decent start.

Thanx again.[thankyou]

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
It's going to depend on what is required. Install + tuning, etc.

I have the JRSC+BBK.

Car was down for a total of 5 days.
I had to drive to work on Friday than started on Saturday.

Installed parts in 2 days(Sat/Sun)
Sent ECU to Ford for reflash on Monday.
Received ECU on Wednesday.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
I recommend getting the following:
1-step colder plugs.
Coolant flush and install 180 thermostat
Switch to synthetic motor oil and at least 5w30 weight.

If you get a supercharger, you may also want to replace the belt tensioner.
I did.

I didn't really have any hard pressing install issues.
Just some tuning issues that I'm currently bandaiding it with a J&S Vampire until I can get it to a knowledgable shop to fine tune the ECU program.

It's been installed for over 8 months and still running strong with no mechanical issues.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
The tune is the big time equation. Pw and JR have decent tunes that are driveable right out of the box. Almost everything else will need to have a good tune added before it is truly driveable. The big thing for you is to find the nearest tuner that can work withyou after the install. Please make sure that they tune and know Fords.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts