Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I just bought a 2007 Focus (4dr Sedan) on Monday. I had to trade in my 2005 F-150 as she ate too much. My other car is the family van....my wife and I have seven kids.....so, the family van is a 2002 E-350 15 passenger van. Needless to say, she eats alot too! The reason for the Focus is fuel economy. That said, I am quite pleased with the little car. It is pretty quick and comfortable to drive.
So, here are my questions: 1. What are the steps for installing a tilt wheel? I would like to do this myself if possible. 2. I would really like a tach. Can I remove a guage cluster from a wreck and install it...or...would it be better to install an after market tach in some sort of pod?
Sorry for being so long winded....and thankyou for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Are you sure you don't already have a tilt wheel? My focus came standard with one.

Replacing the wheel would be tricky and possibly very expensive, as we just discussed in another thread... an aftermarket wheel won't have airbags and that could kill you.

In addition to being illegal, it would also be very dangerous.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Welcome first off [welcome]

1) Everything Ive read about adding a tilt wheel has said its not worth it. Too tough and expensive. But you can look into it more if youd like of course.
2) Replacing a tachless cluster with a tach one is quite easy. Heres a how-to on it:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63935

As youll read on that one, two things will happen. 1- Youll adopt the miles from the odo of the old cluster. 2- The brake light will remain on with the new cluster (unless you have ABS on yours, I dont). I solved the first problem by waiting till my miles matched the miles on the new cluster. Second problem was solved with some electrical tape.

Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts