Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i live in a kind of mountainous area with many rough roads. i want a tighter suspension and better handling, but i don't want to lower my car more than an inch. any sugestions?

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds right up my alley! where can i find it?

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks a ton! does it come with sway bars?

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
deppending on where you get it yes.

u can probaly get it used off the site or try ebay if u know what ur buying.

Logan

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
will i need a camber kit?

·
Registered
545 Posts
i was running with just an aftermarket rear sway bar, and that alone made a world of different

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Go to ford racing performance parts website, find out if there's a dealer near you that sells their stuff, then get the SVT suspension from the dealer.

Why?

You'll get the thing for $275 (or thereabouts) and you won't have to pay for shipping.

Save yourself some bucks.

[thumb]

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
Where he's got him linked to is the cheapest place to find it......shipping isn't all that bad either. And it's the Full SVT Suspension kit including the rear sway. If you don't have the rear sway bar, you can always get the brackets and weld them into place. If you do have the rear Sway Bar, i'd recommend Prothane Bushings. Those help stiffen up the rear end [thumb]

The SVT Suspesion is a worth while mod and i wish it was one of the first ones i did. Man, on-ramps are my playground.....Here's a pick of what it'll look like installed:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
FRPP SVT suspension is only $265.00, and i'd be willing to bet that you could get them to lower that. But either way you're probably looking at around the same amount of money.

Or, if you have a family member who is a ford employee, they get a 10% discount.

SVT suspension ROCKS those curves. The suspension along with my low profile tires REALLY makes the car more fun to drive. I pull "g's" on those on-ramps ;)

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Nop, price is like 235 or something on cfm, and yes comes w/rear sway

·
Registered
705 Posts
back to the qusetion about a camber kit: Theres no need for it, when I took my car to get an alignment, I didnt even need a rear alignment only front, yours might be different though

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yeah, you won't need to mess with camber with the SVT suspension. I would recommend both a front and rear align when you're done tho.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok thanks a ton! i'll probablt invest soon

·
☼
7,494 Posts
Could a shop (probably gonna bring it into firestone service dept) somehow weld the rear sway on with custom brakets? How many shop hours do you think installing the SVT suspension + welding(if they can) + alignment?

·
Registered
705 Posts
You should put in the svt kit yourself as long as you have somewhere to do it. Its a great learning experience and save you lots of money. As long as you have hand tools and a can of PBlaster. Air tools and a torque wrench/breaker bar help the job LOTS.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
jeeptofocus said:
You should put in the svt kit yourself as long as you have somewhere to do it. Its a great learning experience and save you lots of money. As long as you have hand tools and a can of PBlaster. Air tools and a torque wrench/breaker bar help the job LOTS.
I agree...
Helpful hints for along the way.

1) Loosen (DO NOT REMOVE) the big strut tower nut in the center of the bearing caps with the car still on the ground.

2) To remove the strut from the wheel knuckle:
with the car raised, and well supported on jackstands. Kick the brake rotor/knuckle downward violently with your foot.

3) A friend helping you is good If something goes wrong and you need someone to blame. J/K have a fun time working on your car...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts