Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone. may seem like a silly question. but does the focus have Ball joints? and if anyone know that they or tie-rod ends are a problem. Just curious because when im driving and hit a bump big enough, that there is a light clunk in the front, my car is a 2001 and has had recall on springs. i also replaced the struts, and links and strut mounts. there was a couple other things but i would have to pull the work order. the steering feels slightly off. it goes straight down the road. And since ive owned the car about a year now, the steering feels kind of tight. has been like that. if anyone knows anything about it, let me know! [bash]

·
Registered
784 Posts
I had a clunk in the driver side, turned out to be the ball joint. I replaced the whole control arm with a new ball joint and it fixed the problem.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I guess maybe the steering feels just a little bit tighter since the ball joint was so worn out.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Definitely have the tie rods checked also. They could cause a mild clunk if they are bad enough. If you replace the tie rod ends, follow up with an alignment.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, ill check that out, the steering also feels as if it pulls very slightly. though it drives straight down the road as i drive and let go. hmm. it pulls alittle when i steer. I.e take corners.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts