Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm hearing a ticking sound when the engines running, just wondering if that was normal
[???:)]

Cheers!
James.

·
fOCUS Zetec 2.0
292 Posts
The Zetec engine is a bastard of a thing for smooth performance. Never in my life (apart from an old 351 Cleveland in a GTHO) have I hear a stock engine with such "character" or personality!!! Cna you explain the ticking? Mine doesn't tick, it bubbles at high revs (thst's right) which is kind of a high vibrating thing above 4k rpm. Otherwise there is the occasional rattle in the idle from somewhere down front...

Come to think of it my dashboard ticks and it's somethign I've been meaning to get Ford to fix. It's beyond a loose panel or anything, sounds literally like a loose wire or something that's shorting constantly. Hmm.

·
fOCUS Zetec 2.0
292 Posts
or maybe it's that darn bomb i installed in your car that hasn't gone off yet... bingo we have a fix. Just don't let your speed drop below 60km/h next time you drive.... muhahahaha

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nah ur bomb was a dud! fell off while i was going at 100kmph......heheehehhehehe[nono]
nah people been telling me it may be the injectors cos there new but i dunno, i hear it when u just start the car up just sitting there.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
found the problem, it is the injectors

·
Registered
176 Posts
IT'S THE INDICATOR!!! (don't listen to me)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hahahahahahhahahahahahaaha

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was just told by a mechanic that because there new they make that sound, and its nothing to be worried about. But then again they could be wrong so when i go down to get my 3000km service from ford i'll get them to check it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts