Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trunk lid that is, up.

I've come to understand that Titanium and SEL sedans have a liner on the underside of the trunk lid, whereas S and SEs have nothing.

For example, my SE; naked trunk lid.

Could someone with an SEL/Ti post up a picture of your trunk liner? Where I'm ultimately going with this is to try to get a part number, and verify that it's trim-dependent. It's another Ti piece I wouldn't mind getting my hands on, to finish off the trunk.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
But why add the weight? There's more sound coming from the underside of your car than the top. Almost pointless unless you're just going for looks. I personally don't show off my trunk much lol. Obviously to each their own.

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It'd be purely for looks, as something to make the lid look more complete. In the end, it's personal preference, and up to each person to decide if it's important to them at all.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
It's also because the SEL/Ti have the Sony Package (SEL option), that sub in the back, albeit small, does have a decent amount of bass. Without that trunk liner, it'd probably be rattling the license plate pretty bad without some kind of sound insulation to go through first.

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
They did that on 1st gen sedans too, some had it, some didn't. Fortunately my sedan came with it.

·
Registered
418 Posts
That's totally, totally, and utterly, unacceptable.
The car looks unfinished.
The hatch is nicely finished off and so should the sedan be.
Claim from Ford for them to line your bootlid for free for you.
If I had to receive a car like that I wouldn't buy it.

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
They did that on 1st gen sedans too, some had it, some didn't. Fortunately my sedan came with it.
Mine did too. I like it, it looks more finished to me and It prolly helps with road noise one way or another.

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
Trunk lid that is, up.

I've come to understand that Titanium and SEL sedans have a liner on the underside of the trunk lid, whereas S and SEs have nothing.

For example, my SE; naked trunk lid.

Could someone with an SEL/Ti post up a picture of your trunk liner? Where I'm ultimately going with this is to try to get a part number, and verify that it's trim-dependent. It's another Ti piece I wouldn't mind getting my hands on, to finish off the trunk.
Is the whole truck bare? My '02 has a full finished trunk. The only metal you see is from the hinges and where the light is mounted.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Gotta cut costs somewhere. My Ti has a liner & I removed it to do some work & it weighs absolutely nothing ... so to the person who asked about added weight it def. doesn't make a difference

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the Titanium hatchback. To be honest, I can't remember if there is a liner or not. I will check after work and post a pic when I get home.

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is the whole truck bare? My '02 has a full finished trunk. The only metal you see is from the hinges and where the light is mounted.
The rest of the trunk is carpeted. Only the lid is bare.

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does anyone have a picture of an SEL or Ti's trunk? I keep waiting for a chance to check at work but haven't had one.

·
Registered
138 Posts
there you go a sel

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yes it is. it's a 301A

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Okay, so finally getting back to this:

I've done some searching and have the part numbers for the liner and hardware for anyone wanting to add one to their S or SE sedans:

40706 - Liner
HM2 - Hardware

Now, I'm unsure of the hardware part, specifically if one kit has everything, or if two are needed (As two separate are shown, possibly just to show there are multiple mounting points). I'm thinking of ordering up one for myself, so I suppose I'll learn as I go.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts