Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so while i was debadging, i thought about leaving "TI" on the back. pretty easy - leave the 2nd "I" from "TITANIUM" where it is, and then take one of the T's you carefully peeled off and put it next to it.

may leave it this way, may not. or the "T" might fall off while i'm driving and just leave the "I" behind. heh.
ti1.jpg

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh crud people aren't going to assume it's the chemical symbol for Titanium? heh maybe i need to remove it or find a lower-case i :p

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Never understood the appeal of debadging. I like to leave all my stock emblems on ?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just think it's too busy. also i don't like the 'Focus' font. there i said it.

i wasn't a huge fan of the Mk1 'focus' font either.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so i experimented with the leftover "TI" from the back. these may or may not stay. (like i might not like it, or they might fall off. :p )
ti2.jpg

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha well, you can choose to wear your seat belt or not (if you're over 18). i guess that's something.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I find it amusing that the "Live Free or Die" state forces you to have a front license plate. I guess you're not really free, huh? [:D]
What's wrong with a front plate?
Other than them being ugly as sin.

Unless you have a very plain one like TX.

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
Still running my dipped plate and no issues with being pulled over. One week after I did it I did get pulled over for speeding, got a warning and the plate was never mentioned, drove by several cops radaring and was in obvious line of sight and then even went through a sobriety check point and still nothing about the plate.
Yes, I am flirting with odds being higher of getting a ticket but for so far so good after 25 years without a front plate. (knock on wood)

·
3rd Time's the Charm
1,943 Posts
So... not so much debadging as relocating the letters all over the car?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Still running my dipped plate and no issues with being pulled over. One week after I did it I did get pulled over for speeding, got a warning and the plate was never mentioned, drove by several cops radaring and was in obvious line of sight and then even went through a sobriety check point and still nothing about the plate.
Yes, I am flirting with odds being higher of getting a ticket but for so far so good after 25 years without a front plate. (knock on wood)
One of these days a cop is going to make an issue of it and there will be no where to hide from it as it's plainly obvious you were attempting to alter the license plate. Not sure what the penalty for that is but hardly worth it in my book.

Brian

·
Registered
138 Posts
If you're going with "Ti" as in the chemical symbol, better to find a lower-case "i".
Otherwise, people might think it's "Tl" as in "Thalium", and that won't make sense at all ;)

#nerd

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
One of these days a cop is going to make an issue of it and there will be no where to hide from it as it's plainly obvious you were attempting to alter the license plate. Not sure what the penalty for that is but hardly worth it in my book.

Brian
I'd just tell them I was going for the look of the license plates in the car commercials.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts