Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have thumping coming from my back right tire. what could it be??

and yes it has air in it....

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
is it in balance? flat spot? need more info.. what speeds does it do it? is it all the time, or just certain speeds?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can feel it mostly below 30mph. Also, i just got eibach pro kit intsalled about 2 weeks ago. I had it aligned after that. Almost feels like a break hangin up maybe? also over big bumps it really hits hard. almost sounds like something is loose.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Out of round tire most likely. The steel cords break apart and it makes the tread uneven. My Protege had a bad tire, and it would "thump" untill 20-30, then it made a humming noise after the thump went away.

·
Registered
373 Posts
stop doing e-brake slides

·
Registered
549 Posts
^^^[rofl] could also have an egg in your tire...though bumps wouldnt affect that..and make sure if you loosened your shock in the rear for the spring install, that you tightened it back up...and make sure your lugs are tight ...good luck

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NO, my parking brake isnt good enough even if i wanted to...

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
You don't need the parking brake to lock the rears. The rears will lock before the front under really hard braking. It doesn't take much to flat spot a tire. That spot will cause a continuous thump.

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
if itz make more noise over bumps, i'd say that something has gotta be loose. A nice once over should prove usefull.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts