Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced rear shocks KYB GR2 series. Easy Job. Now when going over a speed bump, there is a thump coming from the rear. The original rubber pieces were reused since they looked fine.

Anyone have any ideas?? This is the second set of shocks I have put on the car. First set at 60k now at 125k. First set gave no problems at all.

2003 ZX5

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Replaced rear shocks KYB GR2 series. Easy Job. Now when going over a speed bump, there is a thump coming from the rear. The original rubber pieces were reused since they looked fine.

Anyone have any ideas?? This is the second set of shocks I have put on the car. First set at 60k now at 125k. First set gave no problems at all.

2003 ZX5
Yup, I had the same exact problem. You need these teflon shims from CFM. These were made to address this problem.
http://focus.c-f-m.com/rearsshockmountshimsforfordfocus00-07.aspx

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank iroc34. Glad to hear that I am not the only one with this issue. It's funny that this never happened the first time I replaced the shocks. I think it is kinda steep the $25 for two shims. I am going to try and figure out something else to use to solve this.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Just buy the shims cheapo lol. They get rid of the noise that I had too.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Didn't have the issue when I put the SVT suspension in, Course I used the NEW rubbers, and had to crank 'em down all the way to get the right "squish" in the rubber....

Luck!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Didn't have the issue when I put the SVT suspension in, Course I used the NEW rubbers, and had to crank 'em down all the way to get the right "squish" in the rubber....

Luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts