Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 ZX3
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey again guys, last time I posted you guys were great so I'm turning to you for some help again!!

My throwout bearing is starting to chatter a little. This is a car I'm not looking to put a lot of money into so I was going to let it go but then I thought, I've always replaced clutches and throwout bearings in all my other sticks (or bought them after someone else did) so I've never seen one fail... IF it were to fail, what's my situation? I assume that pushing the clutch pedal no longer moves the clutch disk off the flywheel so you're just stuck more or less?

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Moved to General Tech Chat

Yeah, that would be the worst case, can't release the clutch.

SVT's are known for a little noise when released at times that doesn't end up causing problems, haven't heard as much about it on the reg. zetecs with the MTX-75.

Unless the thing starts screeching when you hit the pedal don't worry about it too much.

·
Registered
2003 ZX3
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Moved to General Tech Chat

Yeah, that would be the worst case, can't release the clutch.

SVT's are known for a little noise when released at times that doesn't end up causing problems, haven't heard as much about it on the reg. zetecs with the MTX-75.

Unless the thing starts screeching when you hit the pedal don't worry about it too much.
Thanks for the thread move! And thanks for the info! I tried searching YouTube and it's funny, it was MOSTLY SVTs on there! You've made me feel a better, I have some time to save! It's just a little chattery and it comes and goes right now!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts