Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend is very mechanically inclined and he and I were both throwing around the notion to build a turbo system for my 03 svt focus.
Were thinking a t3 turbo and a moderate intercooler, he has the utilites to do wiring and piping but my concern was fuel management.

I know there is no fuel return on my svt focus (probably same for zx3's too), rather its governed by a sensor. I dont see how to program this to fit a turbo system, custom chip maybe by giving one of the chip companies my computer code? I dont really know....I was wondering if anyone could educate me in any area of building up what we want to build...

[}:)] lets own some wrx's eh?

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Yeah you would wanna talk to Tom about this hes really a friendly guy not just another jerk only interested in selling his product

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the refferal, I emailed him. His site looks really neat, but unfortunatly I couldn't afford his turbo kit of 5.8k [;)] looks like its done really well though..

·
Registered
36 Posts
SVT ewx ca,
i smell what you're steppin' in. i'm starting to do the same thing also using a t3. i wouldn't even think about taking on such a task except i'm lucky enough to have a father and brother inlaw who have years of turbo experience. they drag race a '79 4cyl mustang into the 9's with a setup they've built in their garage. my father inlaw builds a header of his design. it is a real "log" style. i posed the question to the bro and he's down. tonight i'm going to ask the father inlaw to help me. he'll think i'm nuts, but i think he'll help once he realizes i'm serious(fingers crossed). their website is down now for some reason, but check out huberperformance.com that old dog is pretty dope. it uses a BIG turbo

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hehe sounds sick. I'll check it out when I get home from work, thanks bro. Take care - hope they help you. Having a turbo is like having a whole new car [}:)]

·
Registered
697 Posts
was reading in a magizine that he turbo'd his wife's focus as well? anytruth to that? lol
what a fella.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No idea but he hasn't returned my email, been two days [V] .... maybe Tom isn't around?
I just need pics of his set up, theres only three on his site, I wana see what he did with fuel management and how he hooked up the waste to the exhaust manifold =/ Anyone know?

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Call him if you need to.

Why do you need to see his fuel management? Its injectors, a calibrated MAF sensor and a custom burned chip.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry, I'm new to the turbo game, trying to understand how it is all configured. I will definatly call him when I start buying the pieces...unfortunatly I can't buy a kit all at once, but hopefully piece by piece I'll get a moderate turbo system done. Thanks for your reply focal tech.

ps I had a custom superchip in my truck, same type of chip or different? (it was only because I re-geared with bigger tires..)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts