Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i blew a head gasket on my 2000 ford focus zts
and i fixed that well as i started my car and started down the road my throttle would stick when i would apply the brake and like rev up to like 5 or so then go down it would only go up for a matter of seconds. any one have a suggestion on what i did wrong.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Doesnt sound like your throttle. sounds more like a vaccum leak. listen really close around intake manifold your lookin for a hissing sound. You find it you have a fix.

·
Registered
270 Posts
you prbably forgot to reconnect a hose or one is loose, just listen to the engine bay and if you hear a hiss its probably vacuum leak

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
if its not a hose or a loose connection, take off your tb and apply silicone lightly between it and the mani particularly between the idle air bypass and the main bore, let it dry for a few hrs and it should fix it. a lot of times ppl will take off their tb, it'll work just fine but when they put it on they smoosh out the gasket right there just a bit too much and it lets too much air thru to the iac causing irratic idle. hope u get it fixed, keep us posted

g

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok i picked my car up i think friday from the dealer ship they had to put a new tumbler for the ignition in so i could take my key out of the ignition :) also some wheel barings went bad and was leaking oil on my emergancy brake so that f'd them up all that was fixed and the recal i gotta new ful pump now my car runs but it not like it did before i blew the head gasket :-\
im trying to trade it or sale it anyone wanna buy it! hahah but ever sense i picked it up from the dealer ship it hasnt reved on its own or anything when i applied th brake so ill keep all that was posted still in mind. one more question any one know how much wheel hp they have gotten out of there focus zts? and what have you dont to it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
all i gotta say is screw fords i hate my focus im getting rid of it ASAP, today i threw a rod how who in the hell knows. I was going about 20 mhp and the bottem just fell out :) hurray for fords I HATE THEM!

·
Registered
28 Posts
rsummey said:
all i gotta say is screw fords i hate my focus im getting rid of it ASAP, today i threw a rod how who in the hell knows. I was going about 20 mhp and the bottem just fell out :) hurray for fords I HATE THEM!
That's pretty ignorant and nearsighted. I'm on my third ford and all of them have been nothing but outstandingly reliable and 2 of them proved their longevity. Nowadays, it's pretty hard to find a poorly made car, that goes for all makes .

Ironically, my family has had great luck with our fords, yet the toyota camry in the family has been the unreliable POS . Some cars you just swear were built on a monday, but to each his own I guess

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah but how did i throw a rod going 20 mph ? its amazing A true mistry i had flames commeing from under the car not just lil flames im talken huge flames i had about 3 guys on my car as soon as i pulled over good thing iwas in town when it happend and i whipped it over into a automotive lot and these guys just jumped out of no were and started spraying yelling pop your hood so i did and i had flames there. The focus has a iron block and now it has a huge hole in it. There is people running 30 pounds of boost and they are holding fine. once again amazing that i threw a rod ill have pics soon.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
rsummey said:
yeah but how did i throw a rod going 20 mph ? its amazing A true mistry i had flames commeing from under the car not just lil flames im talken huge flames i had about 3 guys on my car as soon as i pulled over good thing iwas in town when it happend and i whipped it over into a automotive lot and these guys just jumped out of no were and started spraying yelling pop your hood so i did and i had flames there. The focus has a iron block and now it has a huge hole in it. There is people running 30 pounds of boost and they are holding fine. once again amazing that i threw a rod ill have pics soon.
First off you cannot even spell correctly.

You threw a rod and there were huge flames? Riiiight.

Lets see the pics?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok thanks for being a school teacher! thumbs up on that my friend anyways if i had powers of stopping time wile my car was on fire trust me i would have. Trust me dude this was a HUGE MYSTRY ill have pics as soon as i get a ride to my car so untill then check back here for and if you dont know my car was a 2000 ford focus zts i was stoped at a stop sign in town and and was shifting into 3rd going up a hill so i was going atleast 20 or 25 and then smoke and it felt as if i was running over gravel so i turned off into a automotive place and some dudes were like hangen out in the front they turned white and run inside yelling for me to pop the hood and get out of the car and so i did and they sprayed it.

·
Registered
764 Posts
sounds like a no oil issue. If you put a rod through the wall of your block the fuel injector still spraying that would explain the fire. I agree with you though the BS I went through with my SVT Contour made me hate ford for a while. I got the SVTF and I'm really happy with it. But this is why you have insurance on your car, to cover fire damage.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
I have seen foci throw rods before, even seen a vid of a turbo ZX3 blow a rod. There was little if any fire. Alot of smoke but thats it.

Any fuel sprayed into the chamber would combust and would not cause huge flames.

Sorry your engine let go but its not common at all, in fact I have never heard of a zetec letting go stock.

·
Registered
132 Posts
most cars are made by the same four or five manufacturers, what are you going to buy, a mazda, volvo, aston martin, land rover, jaguar, these are all Ford cars.....
have you ever raced your car? if you have that may be it.
what was oil pressure like, how often did you change oil? what did you use for oil? did you replace your filter every change?

rsummey
is you break power booster leaking air, they work off of vacuum and if they leak they can cause high idle.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts