Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 svt and for a couple of months the throttle pedal is sticking bad i mean bad when i try to press it it just stickes i have to press it so hard that when it breakes free it gives you whiplash and it shoots my rpm's up to about 5K. Has anybody had this problem before or know how to fix it because it sucks i pretty much have to take a pain pillbefore i can go to the store[:(]

·
Registered
689 Posts
clean throttle body mouth and butterfly valve with intake cleaner

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its the actual pedal

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
Yeah I have this problem on and off. Not that bad though.

I've checked my throttle and it was all good. I could easily move it by hand and nothing was sticking.

I can actually feel the pedal itself "unsticking" itself. Since I don't have like a 700 hp car or because it doesn't happen too often, I just forget about it.

Hope you find a resolution though........lol, cuz I'd like one too.

·
Captain Retard
2,583 Posts
Maybe you should try pulling your gas pedal assy and clean/ lubricate it. If that doesn't work, you may have a pinched throttle cable. Trace it down and if it's good.........take hickey's advice and clean your TB. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Just how did you determine the throttle body was "ok". Those things gum up all the time.....on the back side of the flapper. You have to manually open the flapper to see the crap build-up. And it causes this exact throttle-sticking problem.

Whether or not you can see anything, I suggest you clean out both sides of the flapper and the throttle bore itself with carb-cleaner and a tooth brush. Bet that fixes the problem.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts