Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I don't know if this would work because I am not very knowledgeable with cars, all I know is that my friend who owns a 2001 cougar had this problem and it fixed it. My car has the same problem before it ss warmed up and I just have a slight hang in the RPM's after shifting. If anyone could let me know if this would work at all or if there aren't even those parts on an '08. Anyways please don't flame just help me out if you can. Here is the site. Or copy paste:

http://www.cougardb.com/info/pdf/Throttle_Hang_Fix.pdf

Thanks again!

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
on most cars, they are supposed to kinda hang until it is warmed up, especially when really cold out. once the coolant gets through all the sensors, at the nominal operating temp, the idle drops. its getting cooler out now....is it starting to happen now?

the operation is called 'closed loop' once its warmed up. the higher revving is normal, til it warms up.

now, u have an 08 right? u may want to ground ur TB too, since you have a drive-by wire. this could help. i dont think the cougars referenced have that...i think they are cable-driven, so its a different application.

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
ya I live in the PNW and my car just started to hang in the last few weeks, it is getting colder out so it mite just be that. Has this just started to happen? if so it's more than likely it's the changing in sesons...other then that....good luck dude. We got some smart ppl on here so you'll more than likely find what you need.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
The hanging RPM between shifts has a lot to do with your flywheel weight. If its a heavier flywheel it will maintain that rotational inertia of the motor longer than that of a lightweight one. And BTW the ones on our cars are pretty heavy stock.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
i thot bout that, but his isnt one of those types....not b/t shifts. its when first starting, and warming up.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
now, u have an 08 right? u may want to ground ur TB too, since you have a drive-by wire. this could help. i dont think the cougars referenced have that...i think they are cable-driven, so its a different application.
I already got a full Sun System Grounding kit in there, so I am good in that department.

Thanks for the input everyone, I guess this thread is kinda irrelevant now. Thanks for the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts