Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an '02 zx3 5 speed and was wondering can I use any throttle cable whether it be from a sedan or wagon,auto or does it have to be 5 speed? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to General Tech Chat

You can check part numbers to be sure, can't see that there would be any difference as long as it's within the same engine type.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for posting in wrong location & thanks for putting it in proper location. Ok i will check later on and see if i can find a part number on it and see if i go from there. Will i need to remove the cable in order to find the part number Sailor or will it be easy visable right on top? Thank you

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
I was thinking more in terms of looking up others on-line, comparing part numbers you get that way for different years/models is one way to confirm identical parts.

From your model & year I can figure you have a zetec engine (can't always tell) and other models/years have a few other possibilities that may not work - that's where you would need to pick from a similar unit if heading for the J/Y.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes sailor a zetec engine is what I have. Understand what you mean now with the part numbers. Yes a J/Y is where I'll be heading this weekend to see if I can find one. Thats why I was curious cause I didn't just want to buy one and it not work.

Thanks pasta I will check the website and see.

Thanks for info guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts