Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey just wondering if anyone has had there throttle cable go bad? it seems mine is making my thrttle body hold at 2krpm. when i tap the gas it does not release so the RPM's just rise. just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. guess i have to replace the throttle cable

·
Registered
872 Posts
This may not be a throttle cable issue. With the ignition OFF, open and close the throttle a couple of times and release it (using your foot), then check to see if the throttle arm is in contact with the idle stop screw on the TB. This is more likely to be something associated with the IACV operation. Has the SES light been on at all while driving?

·
Registered
16 Posts
yeah this sounds like a more serious problem that the cable stickin. think about it if its stuck one way why isnt it stuck going the other way.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
aww seriously what the hell? I'm havin an issue with my throttle cable too..... not to thread jack, but my pedal rests the normal height, but I can pull it up a couple inches :p. Am I supposed to be able to do that?? cause I noticed last night that the rpms hanged for a bit [scratch]

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
Yeah my pedal does that but doesn't do anything to the cable. Now when I had a defective 67mm TB I had to send it if for a spring swap because it had a bad spring. Your guys stock TBs just might need to be cleaned.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i just pulled the tb and cleaned it.. and what makes me believe that its the cable is that when i unhook the throttle cable the engine runs fine... i can manualy open and let the spring return the car to normal idol. so the problem only happens when the throttle cable is attached to the throttle body. and it seems that something is hanging up in the throttle cable.. it feels a little short now (i have to pull the tb open to get it to attach). but after much research i think this is the problem.. so anyone else ever have this problem...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts